There's so much to be thankful for | November 2015 Reflection
Only a few more days until December but the red holiday cups are hot in Starbucks and I'm sipping a Chestnut Praline Latte as I reflect on this eventful November!
- So what's new? This past month was exciting because my hubby Joules finally released his EP 'JOHN' that he's been working on for quite some time. I wanted to be sure to support him in every way I could, and as much as I wanted to work with him on my originals, I knew he wanted to give his all to his project. We just released the Official Music Video for "Lady Luck" which I sing on as well as his song "Occupations"
- [vsw id="voFrVxI1Npw" source="youtube" width="425" height="344" autoplay="no"][vsw id="f63hl5VGWGc" source="youtube" width="425" height="344" autoplay="no"]You can listen to and purchase the EP at http://thefuturisticvintage.bandcamp.com
- What about your own originals you mentioned? I promise they're on the way! My friend Josh Fu & I have definitely been working a lot with fun covers for everyone, but we just finished writing and recording an original Christmas song which I'm so excited to share with all of you. We're hoping to release it soon so that everyone can hear it and hopefully sing along throughout the holidays! Now that Joules released his EP, he also told me that we'll be able to go into production for the originals I had written for the Steadfast Singles! Friday night I invited over my team of friends I've been working with: Denver Bailey (videographer), Eric Sun (Audio Engineer) and Josh Fu (Artist) as a huge thank you and bonding night.There's really nothing like having a group of people you can work with but also enjoy each other's company with. Speaking of having a team of people you can work with and hang with, I wanted to give another huge shout out to As it Seams for helping me with print designs I hope to post online for sale! They've become great friends here in Atlanta and can't wait to see what we have in store in the future. I also had the pleasure of reuniting with one of my OG fans when she visited Atlanta. She started watching/listening to me when she was in high school and now she's graduated and came to Atlanta for a job interview! There's just something about the connection you have with someone who's seen you pursue your passions from the beginning - though we may not know every detail of one another, it's a familiar and sentimental place.
- What else have you been up to? Believe it or not, photography has become a huge part of my art of expression lately as well as livelihood. I started off really from taking photos for fun, then for work when I was at lululemon athletica, then I started getting bookings by referral for photos. The holidays have been great since I've been taking photos for families at our church. If you're my friend on Facebook, you know that there was a period of time in College and soon after where I uploaded photos constantly. I didn't think much of the composition or point of view as much as I was trying to just keep the memories, but now instead of snapping away I try to capture the few moments that encompass the moments. I enjoy capturing the honesty that people are experiencing in that snapshot. It's such a treat to be able to share that moment with others. If you know anyone in Atlanta who's interested in a session, feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are you thankful for?
- Thankful to be thankful.
- To be aware that I have so much to be thankful for rather than wanting more.. we'll always want more, but to want what we have already is something we always have to work on. I have a wonderful family, wonderful friends, an genuine pursuit for what I believe I'm called for.. everything else is extra.
- Thankful to be thankful.